- 1 small butternut squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- ¾ cup homemade sunflower milk, cashew milk or hemp milk
- 1 teaspoon chai masala spice or cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 2 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon roughly ground flax seed
Preheat oven to 375F. Drizzle melted coconut oil on a medium-sized baking sheet. Set aside.
Once squash has been halved and seeds removed, place face-side-down on prepared baking sheet.
Place sheet in the oven and roast squash for 40-45 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix your choice of milk, chai masala spice and sea salt in a shaker cup or blender to fully incorporate. Then, combine omega mix in a small bowl. Set aside.
Once squash has cooled so that it’s safe to touch, flip over and carefully scoop the insides of the squash and divide into two serving bowls. Do not mash the squash, instead keep in tact as much as possible.
Pour chai milk mix over top of each bowl of squash and sprinkle with omega mix. Serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from Fat: 112
- Total Fat: 12.4
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 196 mg
- Carbs: 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 13.4 g
- Net Carbs: 28.2 g
- Sugars: 6.2 g
- Protein: 11.1 g