- 12 fresh Brussels sprouts, ends removed and lightly steamed for 2 minutes
- 1 medium (280 grams) sweet potato, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 handfuls (200 grams) mixed fresh string beans (I used green and yellow)
- 3 carrots, thick angled slices
- 2 celery sticks, thick angled slices
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
Maple Dijon Sauce
- ¼ cup gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 full (600 grams) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half to make 4 half breasts
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place cut up (don’t forget to wash!) veggies in a 13×9 baking dish. Coat with olive oil, add sprigs of thyme and stir.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare maple sauce: add mustard, maple syrup and vinegar to a bowl.
- Remove vegetables from the oven, place chicken breasts over top and add in sauce. Stir to coat everything in the sauce and then lay the chicken breasts flat in the pan, covered in veggies. Return to the oven for 30 minutes, or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to add whatever vegetables you have on hand. This recipe is very forgiving!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 381
- Calories from Fat: 47
- Total Fat: 5.2
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 73> mg
- Sodium: 556 mg
- Carbs: 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8 g
- Net Carbs: 30.3 g
- Sugars: 15.8 g
- Protein: 40.8 g