- 1/3 cup teff flour
- 1/3 cup light or green buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon whole flax seed
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 cup light maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoon apple sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and mix until fully incorporated.
- Roll by scant tablespoons into balls. Place 1-inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- To flatten with a wavy impression, press down on each ball with your index and middle fingers slightly apart like a peace sign.
- Bake until bottoms are golden, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheets; transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
a combination of other flours can be used but I have not tested. Tapioca or sweet rice flour could replace the arrowroot powder, and brown rice or chickpea flour can replace the teff or buckwheat.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from Fat: 26
- Total Fat: 2.9
- Sodium: 14 mg
- Carbs: 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Net Carbs: 13 g
- Sugars: 4.1 g
- Protein: 1.4 g