- 2 cups (220 g) blanched finely ground almond flour
- 2/3 cup (130 g) monk fruit or erythritol
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (100 g) Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C) and place 12 muffin liners in a 12-count muffin tin.
- Place almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt in a large bowl. Mix until combined.
- In a separate smaller bowl, whisk eggs, melted coconut oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Then, add the egg mixture to the almond flour mixture and stir until fully combined. Then, fold in the hemp hearts.
- Divide the batter between the prepared muffin tins and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until the tops are golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cinnamon sugar topping by placing the coconut oil in a small dish and combine the erythritol and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Once the muffins are done, one muffin at a time, brush the top with coconut oil before placing it overtop of the cinnamon sugar bowl and sprinkling it with the cinnamon sugar. Lightly shake of excess and repeat with remaining muffins. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 287
- Calories from Fat: 233
- Total Fat: 25.9
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 62> mg
- Sodium: 110 mg
- Carbs: 7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Net Carbs: 3.8 g
- Protein: 5 g