Grain-free, Paleo Pie Crust
- 2 cups (260 grams) ground blanched almonds
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 2 tablespoons suet or coconut oil
- 1 egg
Chocolate Pecan Pie Filling
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 oz. unsweetened dark chocolate squares (dairy-free), melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini (255 grams freshly shredded, 195 grams once liquid has been wrung out)
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon alcohol-free stevia
- 150 grams raw pecan halves, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F. For a 9” pie, lightly oil a 9-inch pie pan with coconut oil. Set aside. For 3” tarts, lightly oil six 3-inch circular tart pans with coconut oil. Set aside.
- To make crust, add almond flour, salt, coconut oil and egg to the bowl of your food processor. Process and pulse with the “S” blade until a ball forms, about 30 seconds. Transfer to prepared pie or tart pan. Press dough, pressing up the sides. Set aside.
- Before preparing the chocolate pecan pie filling, be sure to “wring out” shredded zucchini. To do this, place shredded zucchini in a clean cloth and wring out lightly. I’ve included the measurements of the wet and dry zucchini so you can see the difference.
- Add melted coconut oil, dark chocolate, eggs, zucchini, vanilla and stevia to the bowl of your food processor or high-powered blender. Process or blend on high until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Remove the processor bowl from the base and stir-in 75% of the pecans. If using a blender, transfer chocolate mixture to a clean bowl, then stir in 75% of the pecans.
- Drop the chocolate mix into the prepared pie or tart pan. Top with remaining pecans.
- For pie, bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until top is set and sides become golden. Once complete, allow to cool overnight.
- For tarts, bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, until top is set and sides become golden. Once complete, allow to cool for 1-hour before removing from tart pan. Tarts can be consumed immediately, or chilled overnight.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream.
Makes six 3-inch tarts or one 9-inch pie.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Chocolate baking squares: I purchased these at the grocery store, in the baking isle. They were “Unsweetened Dark Chocolate Baking Squares”
Nutrition information: is based off 1/12 of the recipe.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 357
- Calories from Fat: 308
- Total Fat: 34.2
- Saturated Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 55> mg
- Sodium: 74 mg
- Carbs: 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
- Net Carbs: 3.2 g
- Sugars: 1.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g