- ½ cup (96 g) NOW Real Food® Erythritol
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- Heat a large frying pan; I used my cast iron, on medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the erythritol, water, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Mix until combined. Stir occasionally until the erythritol granules can’t be felt by the back of a spoon.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper and set aside.
- When the sweetener has dissolved, add the cashews and mix well until all of the cashews are coated in the mixture. Spread the cashews flat in the pan, occasionally rotating and laying flat again until there is very little liquid at the bottom of the pan, about 6 to 7 minutes. Another way to tell it’s ready is when the cashews turn a light brown.
- Then, add the coconut, stir to coat, laying flat in the pan and rotating occasionally for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until cashews are a shade darker, a toasted brown.
- Transfer the cashew coconut mixture from the hot pan to the prepared baking sheet and let cool for 15 minutes. If you want big clusters, don’t rotate the mix while it cools. If you don’t want clusters, rotate every 15 to 20 seconds to avoid big chunks sticking together.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes. Stir several times, to avoid clusters forming. Allow the cashews to cool completely, before tossing through the coconut flakes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:[really_simple_share]
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 156
- Calories from Fat: 113.4
- Total Fat: 12.6
- Saturated Fat: 3.7 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Carbs: 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Net Carbs: 7.5 g
- Sugars: 1.6 g
- Protein: 3.8 g