N’oatmeal Crust and Topping
- 1 cup (180 grams) coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) birch-sourced xylitol
- 2 cups (275 grams) Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) fancy shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup (45 grams) coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) vanilla extract
- 10 oz. (285 grams) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) full-fat coconut milk
- 10 drops alcohol-free stevia
- Line a 9×9 baking sheet with parchment paper draping over all sides for easy lifting.
- Melt coconut oil and xylitol in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until xylitol granules have dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Add Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts, shredded coconut, coconut flour and vanilla extract. Remove from the heat and combine with a spoon until the ingredients are well blended. Press half of mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Reserve the other half for topping, set aside.
- Transfer the base to the refrigerator while you continue with the fudge layer.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate and coconut milk in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, frequently stirring until smooth. Stir in the stevia and set aside.
- Take the base out of the fridge. Spoon the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan, and spread evenly with a knife or the back of a spoon. If the bottom layer hasn’t totally set, a couple of hemp hearts will lift up and mix in with the chocolate, so take your time.
- Crumble the remaining hemp mixture over the chocolate layer, pressing in gently. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or overnight. Cut into 16 bars and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for best results, but does great out on display for hours!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 311
- Calories from Fat: 268
- Total Fat: 29.7
- Saturated Fat: 18.5 g
- Sodium: 16 mg
- Carbs: 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Net Carbs: 4.3 g
- Sugars: 1.3 g
- Protein: 7.9 g