- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon (1 gram) dried basil
- 1 teaspoon (1 gram) dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon (2 grams) garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) gray sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 gram) freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon (10 grams) Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- 1/4 cup (59ml) marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons (8 grams) nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup (33 grams) pepperoni sticks, sliced into coins
- Fresh chopped basil, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Break cauliflower apart into rough chunks. Add to the bowl of your food processor and pulse with the “S” blade until the pieces are tiny, like the size of quinoa. Measure 2 cups of the ground cauliflower, should come out to 430 grams. Transfer cauliflower bits to a large bowl, cover lightly and microwave for 4 minutes, or lightly steam in a steamer for 2 minutes.
- Transfer steamed cauliflower to a clean kitchen towel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add dried basil, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add water to a small saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over top, covering the water surface, and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Once the 5 minutes are up, turn heat to low and whisk gently until everything is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Meanwhile, add marinara sauce and nutritional yeast to a small bowl. Set aside.
- At this point, cauliflower should be cooled. Wrap up in the kitchen towel and ring the HECK out of it until no water is left. Transfer the dried cauliflower to the bowl with the spices. Rotate with a spoon to coat. Add gelatin mixture and toss until incorporated.
- One tablespoon at a time, transfer the mixture to your palm, roll into a ball and place on the prepared baking sheet. Press down to a circle shape, about ¼-inch thin. Repeat with remaining dough. Transfer baking sheet to the preheated oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, until pizzas are golden.
- Remove from the oven, add marinara sauce and pepperoni pieces. Transfer back to the oven and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle optional basil, and enjoy.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 55
- Calories from Fat: 25
- Total Fat: 2.8
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 6> mg
- Sodium: 217 mg
- Carbs: 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Net Carbs: 2.3 g
- Sugars: 0.5 g
- Protein: 3.9 g