- 1 cup (110 grams) finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) sunflower seed kernels, roughly ground
- 1/2 cup (55 grams) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup (45 grams) Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+, unflavored/unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground grey sea salt
- 1/2 cup (105 grams) coconut oil
- 1/3 cup (65 grams) granulated erythritol
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (110 grams) stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C) and line two baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- Place the dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Toss to combine.
- Place the wet ingredients in the bowl of your stand mixer or in a large bowl. Mix on medium with your stand mixer or hand mixer until creamy, about 20 seconds. Add the dry mixture and continue to mix until incorporated, about 15 seconds.
- During the last couple of seconds, add the chocolate chips and mix just until incorporated, about 10 seconds.
- Pinch about a tablespoon and a half of the dough into your hands. Roll into balls and press onto the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough until a total of 18 cookies have been made, placing them at least 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart from one another and the sides.
- Transfer the baking sheets to the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until lightly golden and only slightly cracked on the sides.
- Transfer the baked cookies to a cooling rack and allow to cool for 10 minutes before digging in.
- Best served with a glass of full-fat coconut milk for dunking.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Don’t have genuine health fermented vegan proteins+ just yet? You could replace it with a protein powder of your choice. This will also make the recipe grain-free and paleo.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 148
- Calories from Fat: 127
- Total Fat: 14.1
- Saturated Fat: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 10> mg
- Sodium: 34 mg
- Carbs: 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Net Carbs: 3.2 g
- Protein: 2.9 g