Fresh marinara sauce
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 fresh tomatoes, or 28oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1 6oz can of tomato paste
- 3 handfuls of chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 handfuls of fresh oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup white wine – I used non-alcoholic wine from Superstore. It was only $3 and it worked perfectly and saved us a bit of money too!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- marinara sauce, from above
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella daiya cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, chopped
To make marinara sauce:
- place olive oil and onion in a medium sized saucepan, saute on medium heat until onions become translucent.
- Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add tomato mix and wine to onions. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
To make casserole:
- Preheat oven to 450F, and melt coconut oil in medium frying pan.
- Combine almond flour and breadcrumbs in a shallow dish, and eggs and milk in a second shallow dish.
- Coat chicken in egg and milk mixture, then flour and breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken in frying pan on medium-high heat. Fry until cooked through.
- Place chicken at the bottom of 2.3L casserole dish, pour marinara sauce over top, then cheese, and finish it off with pepperoni.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 632
- Calories from Fat: 376
- Total Fat: 41.8
- Saturated Fat: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 123> mg
- Sodium: 663 mg
- Carbs: 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.4 g
- Net Carbs: 25.9 g
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Protein: 30.4 g