Go au naturale
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
Or choose your favorite flavor
- maple – replace the honey and 1 tablespoon water with 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- cinnamon – sprinkle with cinnamon before baking
- vanilla – replace 1 tablespoon of water with 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper so that the paper is over the edges and set aside.
- Place water, raisins, and honey in the bowl of your food processor or blender and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl and combine with remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter onto prepared sheet and spread evenly. The key to the cereal’s success is going to be to spread the batter as evenly as possible to ensure even cooking.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until edges begin to brown and cracks are seen in the batter.
- Take out of the oven and remove the parchment. Cut the dough into shapes or tiny squares. I used a set similar to this one, or you could do a Christmas themed cereal!
- Spread the pieces back onto the parchment paper free baking sheet and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes for cut out shapes and 10-15 for larger squares, turning at least once. Cereal should be crisp and crunchy.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Use brown rice syrup instead of honey to keep this recipe vegan.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 201
- Calories from Fat: 37
- Total Fat: 4.1
- Sodium: 104 mg
- Carbs: 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.9 g
- Net Carbs: 26 g
- Sugars: 7 g
- Protein: 7 g