- 2 cups(315 grams) peeled and shredded daikon
- 4 slices (40 grams) pasture-raised bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (59 ml) chicken stock
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Grey sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. (20 ct.) cooked shrimp
- 2 tablespoons (5 grams) chopped fresh parsley
- Once daikon is shredded and weighed, ring out as much water as possible.
- Heat a saucepan on medium heat. Chop bacon slices and add to pan, frying until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a clean plate, leaving bacon drippings in pan.
- Add shredded jicama or daikon, wine, stock, garlic, salt and pepper to the pan.
- Cook on high until most of the liquid has been dissolved, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and fold in bacon, reserving a few pieces for garnish. Stir in parsley. Serve immediately.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Daikon: can also be found under the name “Lo”. If you cannot find it, shredded cauliflower or jicama can be used in its place.
Shrimp: if you are sensitive to shrimp, feel free to replace with extra bacon or pieces of cooked chicken thigh.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 224
- Calories from Fat: 85
- Total Fat: 9.4
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 141> mg
- Sodium: 600 mg
- Carbs: 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Net Carbs: 5.3 g
- Sugars: 3.4 g
- Protein: 23.7 g