- 2 tablespoons unsalted raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons pear white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut matchstick style
- 2 celery stalks, sliced thin
- ½ cup pitted cherries
- ½ cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 large red beet, cut matchstick style
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add pumpkin seeds to a small frying pan and heat on medium heat, rotating frequently to avoid burning. Toast for 2-3 minutes, until the seeds are lightly browned on both sides.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add dressing ingredients to the bowl of your food processor or blender and blend on high for 30 seconds. Set aside.
- Add all salad ingredients (everything but the beets) to a large salad bowl. Add toasted seeds and dressing, stir to coat.
- Serve immediately and stir in beets just before you do, or chill for a couple of hours and stir in beets before serving just so that they don’t color the whole salad red.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from Fat: 104
- Total Fat: 11.5
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 174 mg
- Carbs: 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Net Carbs: 26.3 g
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g