- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoons milled flax seed
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup unsweetened, not-from-concentrate apple juice
- 1/2 cup gluten-free date sugar – see note
- 1 egg – see note
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted – see note
- 2 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- 1 cup diced Granny Smith apple (approximately 1 medium-sized apple)
- 1 cup packed dairy-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a muffin pan with paper or silicon liners and set aside.
- Whisk all dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until incorporated. Don’t mix too much or you’ll have rock-hard muffins.
- Fold in apple and cheese.
- Drop batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 22-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to sit in the pan for 1 minute before removing from the pan and placing on a cooling rack to cool.
- Store baked muffins in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze in an air-tight container for up to 3 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from Fat: 79
- Total Fat: 8.8
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Cholesterol: 14> mg
- Sodium: 189 mg
- Carbs: 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Net Carbs: 29.2 g
- Sugars: 12.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g