- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups rutabaga, cut into 1-inch pieces (approx. 1 large rutabaga)
- 2 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch thick discs
- 2 cups kale, chopped (approx. 1 bunch)
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 corn-free, gluten-free chicken bouillon cube dissolved in 2 cups water – see note
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kelp flakes or 2 teaspoon Braggs Sea Kelp Delight
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbamare or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine first 7 ingredients at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a separate large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir to mix and then pour over top of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Do not stir. Cover. Cook on low for 9 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve as is, or sprinkle additional kelp flakes over top.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
If you prefer stock, there are a lot of great gluten-free chicken stocks out there. Harvest Sun is a company that produces gluten-free, corn free chicken bouillon as well as gluten-free, yeast-free vegetable bouillon. I used the chicken boullion, but either one will work for this recipe.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 194
- Calories from Fat: 26
- Total Fat: 2.9
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 49> mg
- Sodium: 688 mg
- Carbs: 19 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
- Net Carbs: 14.5 g
- Sugars: 6.9 g
- Protein: 22.8 g