- 1 medium cauliflower
- ¼ cup finely diced white onion
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¾ cup lite coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Break the cauliflower into florets. Using a cheese grater, grate the cauliflower. Or, if you have a food processor, add florets to the bowl of your food processor and pulse until cauliflower looks like rice. About 10-15 seconds of pulsing.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes. Add the coconut oil, melt, then add the onion. Saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the cardamom and stir with a wooden spoon until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and coconut milk, stirring to combine. Saute the cauliflower for about 10-12 minutes until the coconut milk is adsorbed.
- The consistency will be a little off for awhile, but it will come together as the cauliflower dries out a bit and brown specks begin to appear.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Coconut milk: you could use full-fat coconut milk in this recipe, I just chose not to.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 159
- Calories from Fat: 74
- Total Fat: 8.2
- Saturated Fat: 7.2 g
- Sodium: 109 mg
- Carbs: 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.6 g
- Net Carbs: 12.6 g
- Sugars: 7.5 g
- Protein: 7 g