- 1 avocado, mashed
- 2 teaspoons raw, organic honey
- ¼ teaspoons alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- ¼ teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- Add the avocado to a small bowl and mash with a fork until smooth. Add in honey, extract and salt. Mix until combined. Then, divide the mixture into a small square silicon mold. Cover with plastic wrap or a second silicon mold and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Once frozen, line a clean metal cookie sheet with parchment paper and place in the freezer until ready to use. Combine cacao powder, coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla and sea salt in a small bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Remove cookie sheet from freezer and set beside your working space. One at a time, remove avocado squares from mold. Working quickly, place the avocado square in the chocolate sauce, rotating it and spooning it back out after it is coated. The avocado will melt quickly so you have to work fast here. Transfer completed square to parchment and repeat with remaining squares.
- Once complete, return avocado to the freezer for at least 2 hours. Makes 16 squares, 2 squares per serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Vegan/Honey – I used honey for this recipe because coconut nectar gave the avocado a horrible taste. Coconut nectar does not work here. It is likely that light agave nectar would work nicely. And, in making this switch, this recipe would be vegan.
Silicon Mold – You will need a silicon mold for this recipe. I used this square silicon ice tray. The cavity sized of the mold will dictate the yield of this recipe. I chose a smaller square so that I could make bite-sized treats.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 154
- Calories from Fat: 124
- Total Fat: 13.8
- Saturated Fat: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 69 mg
- Carbs: 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Net Carbs: 6.4 g
- Sugars: 5.1 g
- Protein: 1.3 g