- 1/2 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed mixed with 3 tablespoon warm water, allow to sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup of raisins, soaked
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the raisins and cover with water. Let them sit for five minutes before draining and setting aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth and creamy. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture. Blend until combined then stir in the oats and raisins.
- Spoon approximately one tablespoon of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a 1-inch space between each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden at the edges. Once removed from the oven allow to sit on the hot baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 144
- Calories from Fat: 68
- Total Fat: 7.5
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 9 g
- Sodium: 53 mg
- Carbs: 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Net Carbs: 17.8 g
- Sugars: 10 g
- Protein: 1.6 g