- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup finely ground blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup unpasteurized honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Dairy-free Caramel Topping
- 6 tablespoon unpasteurized honey
- 2 tablespoon roasted cashew butter or other nut butter
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and oil a doughnut pan with a dab of coconut oil. Set aside
- Place all dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine all wet ingredients.
- Add dry to wet and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes to thicken up.
- Place the batter in a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1/2-inch opening.
- Fill each cavity 3/4 to the top. Be careful not to overfill or the doughnuts will overflow while cooking.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes before grabbing the pan with an oven mitt and tipping over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes) before preparing the caramel topping.
- To prepare the topping: place honey in a small frying pan and heat on medium-low heat for 4 minutes, stirring constantly with a fork or spoon. The honey will begin to foam. Don’t worry, this is good!
- Add nut butter and vanilla and continue stirring for 1-2 minutes, until big bubbles form and the mixture pulls away from the side slightly. The longer you cook it, the harder it will get.
- Remove from heat and use immediately before it hardens up on you to the point where all you can do is sit on the couch and snack on the large mass of natural caramel before you…
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 153
- Calories from Fat: 75
- Total Fat: 8.3
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 93> mg
- Sodium: 99 mg
- Carbs: 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Net Carbs: 14 g
- Sugars: 12.4 g
- Protein: 4 g