- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup egg whites or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon freshly ground flax + 3 tablespoon water)
- 2 tablespoon mashed banana
- 1 tablespoon chia seed
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch white stevia concentrate powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate or carob chips – I used unsweetened carob chips
- Combine almond milk, egg whites, banana, and chia seeds in small bowl. Allow to sit for 10 minutes – this will get the chia all gelatinous and good for your digestion. Alternatively, allow the chia to soak overnight in the milk, then add to the recipe.
- Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium-low heat for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.
- Stir until just mixed. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture into the preheated pan. Allow the first side to cook for 2-3 minutes, or until bubbles form and the edges begin to turn golden.
- Flip and allow to cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Place completed pancake on cooling rack and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with coconut oil, maple syrup, nut butter, or sliced banana.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 309
- Calories from Fat: 81
- Total Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 130 mg
- Carbs: 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.8 g
- Net Carbs: 34.8 g
- Sugars: 15.5 g
- Protein: 14.5 g