- 1 egg or 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed mixed with 2 tablespoon warm water. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before use)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 banana, mashed (yield 1/4 cup mashed)
- 1 1/4 cup non-dairy milk – I used original flax milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoon milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- dairy-free/gluten-free non-stick cooking spray
We did 3 cups for each flavor:
- cinnamon raisin: 1/2 tablespoon raisins and sprinkle of ground cinnamon per cup
- apple: 2 apple slices per cup
- coconut: 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut per cup
- trail mix: 1/2 tablespoon Enjoy Life mountain mambo nut-free trail mix per cup
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners. Spray each liner with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Place wet ingredients in the bowl of your processor or blender and blend just until combined.
- Place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine. Pour wet into dry and mix. It will be runny, but don’t worry!
- Pour mixture into muffin cups and top with desired toppings.
- Place in prepared oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mine were done at 27 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing onto a cooling rack.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Enjoy hot or cold, with a splash of milk, extra maple syrup, or plain right out of the liner!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 102
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2.2
- Cholesterol: 16> mg
- Sodium: 57 mg
- Carbs: 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Net Carbs: 15.7 g
- Sugars: 4.8 g
- Protein: 3.2 g