- 12 oz. package gluten-free pasta shells
- 2 cups cored and diced apples (leave the skin on)
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Spread the uncooked noodles evenly across the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Distribute apples and raisins evenly over top.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, brown sugar, whipping cream, lemon juice, vanilla and ground cinnamon.
- Pour mixture over the noodles ensuring they are completely immersed in the liquid. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 300F.
- Mix the sugar and spices, and sprinkle across the top of the casserole.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 55 minutes, until firm in the center, crispy and browned on the top.
- The pasta bake can be served hot or at room temperature, as a breakfast item, similar to a wife saver, or as a dessert topped with ice cream.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Any type of apple can be used for the preparation of this crisp, but the slightly more tart apples will yield a better result. I used a mixture of Spartan and McIntosh apples.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 336
- Calories from Fat: 61
- Total Fat: 6.8
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 74> mg
- Sodium: 1053 mg
- Carbs: 64.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g
- Net Carbs: 60.7 g
- Sugars: 32 g
- Protein: 6.1 g