- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 apple, diced – do not peel! – I used a gala apple
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1 tablespoon amaranth
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch ginger
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoon almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F*
- In a blender, combine apple juice, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, maple extract, nutmeg and ginger. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a 4 cup casserole dish.
- Add diced apple, millet, and amaranth to the casserole dish.
- Cover and cook for 80-90 minutes or until grains are fully cooked and most liquid is gone.
- Meanwhile prepare topping by combining all topping ingredients a couple of minutes before bake is done.
- Remove casserole dish from oven and cover with topping. Return back to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 401
- Calories from Fat: 190
- Total Fat: 21.1
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Carbs: 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.4 g
- Net Carbs: 40.7 g
- Sugars: 24.5 g
- Protein: 9.5 g