- 3 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoon egg whites – see note
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon date sugar or coconut sugar
- Prepare a 10oz. microwave safe cup by oiling with a dab of coconut oil. Set aside. Drop all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Press mixture into prepared dish and even out with fork.
- Microwave option: Place in the microwave and cook for 3. You’ll know when it’s done when it rises slightly, is harder to the touch, and pulls away from the sides of the cup. Don’t bake it too long, or you’ll have a Frisbee!
- Oven option: Place in an oiled oven safe dish and bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Top with sunflower butter (as I did in the pictures), nut butters, dried fruit or seeds.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To make vegan, sub the egg whites for additional apple sauce.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 309
- Calories from Fat: 183
- Total Fat: 20.4
- Saturated Fat: 12.2 g
- Sodium: 95 mg
- Carbs: 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.3 g
- Net Carbs: 21 g
- Sugars: 18.31 g
- Protein: 6.5 g