- 2/3 cup chickpea/garbanzo bean flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2/3 cup water (for thin crepe-like pancakes) OR ½ cup water (for thicker pancakes)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place a small non-stick frying pan on the stove and set stove top to medium-high heat.
- Add flour, cinnamon and baking powder to a medium-sized bowl and whisk with a fork to break up the clumps.
- Add water, eggs and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- Drop ¼ cup of the batter (if using crepe-like water measurement) or ? cup of the batter (if using thicker pancake water measurement) into the preheated pan. Allow to cook until bubbles form, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium, flip, and cook for 5 minutes. Remove pancake from the pan and return the pan back to the burner. Crank heat back up to medium-high, wait 30 seconds, then add another round of batter.
- Repeat until all pancakes are complete.
- Makes 5-6 pancakes
Spread the love, earn karma points:
I have tried to make these vegan before by adding 2 flax eggs – 2 tablespoons of freshly ground flax seed with 6 tablespoons of warm water, allowed to sit for 5 minutes. It worked out okay when using the ½ cup water measurement, but using eggs yields a better result.
I use a gluten-free baking powder (linked in the recipe) that requires DOUBLE the amount than what you would use if you were baking with regular baking powder. Be sure to adjust recipe if you’re not using Ener-G gluten-free baking powder.
You can make these pancakes ahead of time, cool and place in the freezer. When ready to eat, just add them to the toaster for 1 minute or so (on low heat) and you’re good to go!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 317
- Calories from Fat: 76
- Total Fat: 8.4
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 164> mg
- Sodium: 83 mg
- Carbs: 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.3 g
- Net Carbs: 30.9 g
- Sugars: 7.8 g
- Protein: 18.5 g