- 1 avocado
- 6 medjool dates, pitted (yield: 1/2 cup)
- flesh from 2 lemons – without peel or seeds (yield: 1/3 cup) see note
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in a processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Depending on the ripeness of your avocado, and your desired thickness, you may need to add water. I added 2 tablespoons at the end of blending the ingredients.
- Top with seeds, berries, stir in some chia, or eat plain!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To remove the flesh from the lemon, cut the lemon into quarters. Begin by peeling the flesh from the rind. You’ll be left with the flesh and a bunch of seeds in it. Remove the seeds one by one and place the flesh into the processor.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 173
- Calories from Fat: 67
- Total Fat: 7.5
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Carbs: 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.2 g
- Net Carbs: 23.4 g
- Sugars: 21.1 g
- Protein: 1.9 g