Crispy cauliflower tots packed with nacho cheese flavor without the dairy – a healthy alternative to deep-dried potato snacks.
One of the most powerful steps I’ve taken to heal my relationship with food was giving myself permission to eat whenever I am hungry.
9am, 3pm or 1am. It doesn’t matter.
I don’t follow “rules”, I don’t worry about eating before bed, or skipping breakfast if I’m not hungry.
I don’t try to balance my fruits and veggies, or make sure there is a serving of healthy fats in each of my meals.
I just let my body do the talking. The more I listen, the better I feel.
I eat when I want to, I don’t have a lack mentality around my meals, I know that food will always be there, and I know that the food my body chooses will nourish me.
If I feel like eating cashews for dinner on a Wednesday night, that’s what I’ll do.
If I don’t feel like having breakfast until 1pm on a Monday, I’ll do that, too.
If I feel like having a vegan lunch and a full-on paleo dinner on the same day, I do it.
If I am craving nacho chips and tater tots all at the same time, I create this recipe… and share it with you!
- 2 cups chopped (small) cauliflower, boiled for 4 minutes, drained & patted dry
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grape seed oil
- ¼ red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon liquid aminos
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400F. And line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking sheet. Set aside.
- Add cauliflower to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients, except nutritional yeast and almond flour, to the jug of your high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Pour over top of the cauliflower. Add almond flour and nutritional yeast and stir until combined.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon or so of mixture in your hands and roll into a small oval shape. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Transfer baking sheet to preheated oven and bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)
I would love to hear from you (and I know that your responses will help the thousands of amazing women in our community)…
What is one major step that you’ve taken to encourage yourself to have a healthy relationship with food?