I loved the idea of gifting my homemade cake stands to friends and families for the holidays. (Thanks everyone!)
Thing is – you can’t really give a cake stand to someone without having treats on it, especially if they know that you love to bake.
So I tried to figure out what seasonal recipe I could make for the stands that I could prepare ahead of time, freeze, would appeal to everyone I know (gluten-free, vegan, egg allergies, potato allergies etc), and will stay on the stand with little concern of things breaking.
Tall order, right?
Enter the gluten-free, vegan, egg-free (obviously), potato-free gingersnap cookie.
*does the fist pump dance*
… the answer to this years’ Christmas gifts.
Ha! It’s only November 14th and I just declared that I have Christmas gifts planned. And better yet? The stands are done, the cookies are in the freezer, this lady is rockin’
- 2 tablespooncoconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ⅔ cup blanched almond flour
- ⅓ cup arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon whole flax seed
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon himalayan rock salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine cinnamon sugar ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place dry ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and combine with a fork. Set aside
- Combine all wet ingredients in a large bowl with a hand mixer until fully incorporated.
- Pour dry into wet while the hand mixer is running. Mix for no more than 30 seconds, just until all ingredients are nicely combined.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons at a time and roll into balls with your hands – dough will be sticky, don’t worry.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar and place on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The longer you cook, the crispier they will be. I like mine a little chewy, so I took them out at 15 minutes. Kevin likes his gingersnaps snappy, so I cooked a second batch for 20 minutes juuust for him.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
Don’t let my organization fool you. The house is a disaster and I’ve just realized my left sock has gone missing.
You can’t win ’em all my friends, you can’t win ’em all.