A couple of weeks ago, a close girlfriend and I were chatting about how often we plan out our lives, down to every detail. And, how devastated we get when the plans don’t go our way. When in all reality, those unplanned changes end up leading us to far greater things than we would have ever expected for ourselves.
Then, I said something profound that was directed at my friend, but was totally meant for my ears too.
Just roll with this change and see where it takes you. No good can come from over analyzing things. You deserve to be happy, to be loved. Although it may not be what you envisioned for yourself, trust that the universe has a space for you, and in that space you are safe.
Trust and accept that the moves the universe is making for you are supposed to happen and are good for your progress through this life!
Afterwards, I got to thinking – it’s not just the changes that occur in my life that I have a hard time accepting, it’s also my body image [at times], my personal limits, boundaries, dreams, goals, everything! As if I dig my heels in the ground at every turn.
With that, I knew exactly what my next positive affirmation post was going to be about.
I am accepting that …
- What I’m passionate about changes as I grow and learn more about myself.
- My body is screaming for a rest week.
- I work much better reaching for my dreams, than chasing a goal.
- Patience is a virtue I really, really need to work on.
- Passion builds successful people.
- It’s okay for life to go slow at times – sit back and relax, woman!
Positive affirmations that help us to accept our path and ourselves:
- My journey is my own and it’s beautiful.
- I love and accept myself for who I am.
- I accept my path.
- I am open for positive change and adventures that will enlighten my journey.
- I deserve all the good in my life and accept it now.
- I am open to expanding my awareness and opening my senses to the opportunities that surround me.
Have you been ignoring something in your life because you’re not ready to accept the implications it may cause?
For me, it’s been taking a rest week. My body has been asking for one for weeks, but with an impending 1/2 marathon, I’ve ignored my body’s cries for rest. It’s just not worth it! So, regardless of what this will do to my training, I will be taking it slower this week. I’m confident my body will love me for it!
What affirmations could you, or do you, use to help yourself accept the changes in your life?