You guys are quite the encouraging bunch! Thank you all for your supportive messages yesterday.
Parsley said “remember, you are awesome!” It’s so important for all of us to remember this.
Stefanie said “Setting small goals is so important to avoid setting yourself up for failure! I’ve been trying to increase my mileage (I seem to be stuck at 5 miles)–so I’m incorporating an extra 5 minutes or so onto each run.” Adding a bit to each day is a great suggestion.
Candy said “My coach gave me a piece of advice that helps me in those moments. She said if it is not hard and the thought of quitting never crosses my mind, I’m probably not training hard enough.” Haha SO true.
It’s amazing what a little support and belief in yourself can do for your goals. By setting smaller goals I feel like I’m on track again and can’t wait to look back 29 days from now and see what progress I’ve made.
In other news… I felt like I was in major need for an extended weekend, so I ended up taking today off! Heck ya!
I kicked off my weekend last night by going to the gym for a 45min run + strength train session. It was so busy and smelly and I was so tired and hungry.
I find going to the gym in the morning sets my day up for success, gives me energy, and is quite the meditative practice. The same cannot be said for an evening workout. At least now I know which one I prefer!
But this French toast… va va voom! I could have it for morning, afternoon, or evening.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 slices of bread – I used Udi’s
- ¼ cup lite coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon + more for sprinkling
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch ground stevia leaf
- almond butter, extra coconut, maple syrup, yacon syrup [what I used in the pictures], bananas, fresh fruit…
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine eggs, coconut milk, cinnamon and stevia. Whip with a fork until fully combined.
- Dunk 1 slice of bread in the mixture, place on the prepared cookie sheet, top with half of the shredded coconut and sprinkle with cinnamon. Repeat for the second slice.
- Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until egg has set.
- Remove from oven and serve with toppings.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
Nutrition stats [1 slice]: calories 249; fat 16g; carbohydrates 20g; dietary fiber 3.4g; sugars 6.5g; protein 11g
The plan for today
I started off the day with a 3 hour sleep in, then walked the dogs and made myself some awesome French toast. [You seriously have to try this recipe! I made it for Kevin last weekend and his eyes practically rolled to the back of his head. I take this as a good sign, especially with him.]
I’m going to finish off my taxes once and for all, then head to the gym for 20min bike + 30 min swim.
There’s a cattle farm right behind our house. The cows get let out in the morning to graze the field so I was thinking of heading outside for a bit to take some pictures. I’ll have shots to share with you tomorrow if they get close enough to the fence.
I have to head to the grocery store for some much needed produce, and then I think I’ll whip up a batch of carrot muffins. Carrot muffins have to be my favorite type of muffin (maybe I’ll sneak a bit of leftover vegan cream cheese icing on a couple of them).
Best day ever.
Do you workout in the morning? Or at night?
What’s your favorite muffin flavor/recipe?