Thank you Tara for sharing this recipe! I can vouch at how well this turns out. It has a perfect balance of chocolate that satisfies cravings and is a great “dessert” for the morning.
This comes out with a texture somewhere between a pudding and a mousse, but it does a good job of satisfying chocolate cravings without giving the same sugar highs and lows. When choosing yogurt for this I suggest any of the berry flavours from Astro Original or Liberte brands; unlike most yogurts, these brands sweeten their products with honey instead of artificial sweeteners.
Dairy free alternative: Nancy’s soy yogurt
- Completely vegan (including the cultures!)
- Sweetened with agave nectar
- Fully cultured with casei, rhamnosus, acidophilus, bifidum, thermophilus, and bulgaricus
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 2 tablespoon Manitoba Harvest Certified Organic Hemp Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon soy lecithin
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 yogurt, berry flavored
- 1 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened, un-sulfured coconut (optional)
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts (optional)
- Melt the honey in the microwave in the same bowl you’ll be eating the pudding out of.
- Add cocoa, hemp powder, lecithin and yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, coconut or hemp hearts.