2 minute Mango Citrus Sorbet

by Leanne Vogel (Healthful Pursuit) on June 11, 2012

My attempts at making vegan marshmallows this weekend turned out to be a total fail, but that didn’t stop us from having a great weekend!

I’m enjoying Instagram more and more for capturing our adventures, so here goes!

I picked up Kevin from the airport early Saturday morning that left me feeling like a zombie the whole morning. I managed to peel myself out of bed at 6am, share a new recipe with you all, hit up the grocery store, dress up Lexy like a babushka and play around in the kitchen for awhile.

Then, Kevin and I took a 3 hour nap. It was brought on by this movie. Blah, horrible.

Later, I met my family at the University for my cousin’s dance recital. The studio hosted the event to showcase their strongest performances from the past year so it ended up being a really entertaining and intimate show. I was so proud to watch Mylaine, my 14 year old cousin, flit across the stage in number after number. Reminded me of my dancing days!

Yesterday, we headed to the mountains with a colleague to visit one of our favorite places in the Rockies, Johnston Canyon. There were a couple of elk outside the entrance of the park, off the side of the road, and I decided it was a good idea to get out of the car and become one of those tourists that I say prayers for as I’m driving down the highway. Getting that close to a wild animal is pretty stupid, I just couldn’t help myself. If my Mom reads this she’s going to have a kanipshin.

Shhh it’ll be our little secret.

The little hike was gorgeous, as always.

There really is nothing like getting out and enjoying the fresh mountain air.

We ended the day with a round of burgers at Earls, a visit to the candy shoppe, and a cup of something sweet for dessert when we returned home.

The blustery, grey weather didn’t really support our snack of choice, but we went for it anyways.

print, email or text this recipe

2 minute Mango Citrus Sorbet
Author:
Allergens: Vegan, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-free
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 2 cups, 2 servings

Quick and easy 120 calorie sorbet made with 6 simple ingredients.
  • 2 cups frozen mango chunks
  • ½ cup orange juice
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • ½ tsp lemon zest
  • ½ tsp orange zest
  • pinch ground cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Add to blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Notes
If the mixture is too liquidy, add ice cubes. If it’s too hard and impossible to process, add water or additional orange juice but the amounts above should yield the perfect consistency!

A perfect way to finish off the weekend if you ask me!

Sarena (The Non-Dairy Queen)

I’ve been loving on some frozen blackberries that my father-in-law and I picked last summer. I LOVE mangoes though and this looks perfect for summertime!

I haven’t been to a dance recital in so long. I miss it from my youth too. I’m glad you had a great weekend Leanne!

Those blackberries had my mouth watering. I bet they’d be good added into this sorbet, too!

Medeja

Looks like a really perfect treat! I absolutely love it.

katie @KatieDid

Fun weekend, i=I can’t wait to go hiking… I miss that hiking ‘high’ hah. The sorbet is perfect and simple for the summer, I’ve been searching for frozen mango high and low but there’s none around me so I’ve been shelling out for fresh mangoes. Wish I had a trader joe’s close by.

Wow, really? Frozen mangoes are challenging to find for you? So strange. You’d think they’d be harder to find in Canada… in any case, I’m sure it’s slightly better to make your own chunks anyways!

Jo @ LivingMintGreen

I was in the park this weekend too! :) I hope I get to meet you someday (clearly I’m a stalker) hahaha. I had lunch at Nourish – so so so good. Favorite.

That’s the fifth time I’ve had Nourish recommended to me today! Better get on it. I had it confused with the vegetarian restaurant in Banff which we went to a couple of years ago and I very much disliked. Guess we’ll have to head back to Banff again. Shoot! ;)

Jess

This looks delicious, I’m noticing more and more that recipes I’m wanting to try involve a food processor, do you have any recommendations? In my search I’ve found they can cost anywhere from $30 to $300? Also love your new layout, looks fresh and lovely!

Hi Jess – my food processor is one of my kitchen tools I cannot live without! I wrote about food processors on my FAQ page here, if you want to take a look. I mention a couple of them: http://www.healthfulpursuit.com/faq/#kitchen

samantha @ peach in the city

oh goodness. making this for my lactose-intolerant boyfriend. we love your site! on valentines day this past year he surprised me with a multi-course meal from your recipes :)

That’s so sweet! I’m so happy my recipes could be part of the occasion. Would love to know what he thinks of the sorbet. Have a great day, Samantha!

How can you not have a wonderful weekend with a bowl of this sorbet? Looks divine and refreshing!

I know, right? Impossible!

caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy

Lexy is so cute!! aww!! and that sorbet looks so delicious and refreshing! i love mangos so much:) thanks for sharing!

Thanks, Caralyn. She’s such a good sport, let’s us dress her up, so good with children… she’s truly amazing!

I could gobble up plenty of those little cups of sorbet! YUM!

It would be quite easy to do!

Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau

I am a huge fan of mango, so you can bet the farm that I’ll be making this soon!

Kerry

Your sorbet looks so good! I can’t get enough mango lately, so I know I’m going to love it! I’ll have to try this soon – if I can keep myself from eating all of the mango chunks first!

Mmm I’m guilty of snacking on frozen mango chunks, too. By the time I’d finished the batch of this sorbet, I’d probably had at least 7. 7 chunks in 2 minutes, not bad! Enjoy :)

Richa@HobbyandMore

love the color of the sorbet! i need to instagram more.. though i will end up clicking ictures of my pom in cute sleeping positions all the time:) lexy is so sweetly sitting for a picture!

Nothing wrong with taking a billion pictures of your dogs… right? When I’m away from home or having a bad day I always look to the pictures of my little ones to brighten up my mood. They’re just so adorable!

B @ Crags and Veggies

Yummy, can’t wait to make! I love sorbet, but I feel ripped off for what it is from the grocery store…that is if I can find a nice brand with FEW ingredients! Thanks so much for the recipe!

Oh completely, the healthier stuff is $12 for 450mL. Eak!

Patrick

Hi Leanne,

This looks so good, I love mango! Your food blog and photography is really impressive! If you’re interested, we would like to send you an invitation to join our new invite-only food community that we have just launched.

You can request an invite at http://grubsnapper.com/request-invite and we’ll email you a link to join.

Grub Snapper is a community to share and discover extremely delicious recipes and food. You can vote and comment on other members’ recipes and follow their activity. We also hope our community will help you promote your food blog to other foodies like us.

We hope to see you soon :)

Cheers,
Patrick
CEO & Founder of Grub Snapper

Thank you for the invite, Patrick and for your warm comments about my blog!

Lynne

I have 3 mangoes I really need to use – looks like they are headed to the freezer! And with the weather forecast creeping towards 100F this week, we’re going to need something cold to cool us off! Thanks :)

Wow, 100F? I’d love for Calgary to get that hot in June! Enjoy the cool treats :)

Javelin Warrior

Love the photos of the elk you managed to get – I would have be all about trying to get as close as I could for a great shot like those ;) And this sorbet sounds awesome. It’s so easy to make and looks so creamy…

I was pretty scared it was going to get freaked out and pummel me, not going to lie. I was SO close!

Joanna

Wow! This recipe is fantastic, so tasty and fresh that it didn’t matter that it is grey and windy outside and so much easier and tastier than the last mango sorbet i tried making – and way healthier too :) . I found your site a couple of months ago and all the recipes i’ve tried so far have been great, my favouries include mojito drops, raw Lemon pudding and the key lime pie smoothie. I now look forward everyvday to seeing what you’ll come up with next :)

Hi Joanna – I’m so glad that you like my recipes! The key lime smoothie is one of my favorites. Thanks for stopping in and saying hello!