I spent the weekend singing along to Christmas music as I flitted around my kitchen creating Christmas treats for…. myself.
Ya, I dance in my kitchen and I’m proud of it.
I’d like to think that it sufficiently revved up my appetite for a nice full cup of homemade eggnog… or two.
But who’s counting, right?
Lightly adapted from Spunky Coconut
To print, email or text this recipe, click here.
- My Mom taught me to separate the whites from yolks using this method. By far the easiest way!
- Place egg yolks in a small mixing bowl and set aside
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium sized saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Slowly add approximately ¼ cup of the hot liquids to the egg yolks while whisking continuously. Continue until you've added about one cup of the liquid mixture to the egg yolks before transferring the yolks to the pot.
- Bring back up to medium heat and whisk while simmering for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately or pour in a mason jar and refrigerate.
- Best sprinkled with a touch of ground cinnamon and nutmeg!
Also, to lower the fat content in this drink, use lite coconut milk as opposed to full-fat.
If you plan on drinking the eggnog right away, opt for less nutmeg (1/2 teaspoon is best). If you're planning on letting it sit for 1-2 days before enjoying, go with 1 teaspoon. I found that the longer it sat, the more the flavor developed instead of hitting you with a strong punch of nutmeg!
View nutrition information (once on page, scroll down)
If you don’t remember, or you’re new to the blog, Divya was the amazing lady that inspired us all to believe in ourselves and begin the journey of defining what gift we have to give the world.
Again, Divya showcases deliciously healthy recipes, health articles, and has included many innovative approaches to creating balance during the holidays.
Okay, I’m off to figure out if I can make a tasty breakfast with the 500mL of eggnog I have sitting in the fridge.
Have a fabulous Tuesday!