I’m constantly wracking my brain over what treats I can make that Kevin will actually like.
He’s a simple guy.
But I wanted to do something different this time.
What’s a girl to do?
I wanted to make…
Something that tasted fantastic, but not too crazy.
Something bite sized.
Something… healthy [because all that meat is just no good!]
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cup of shredded coconut
- 4 fresh strawberries, blended
- ½ cup coconut butter, melted
- To make the coconut tart shells: Preheat oven to 350F and oil two – 12 mini muffin pans with coconut oil [I used the silicon kind, so no oiling was necessary]. Whisk egg whites lightly and stir in coconut. Drop a large spoonful of coconut mixture into each cup, pushing it evenly into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in muffin pan.
- To make the strawberry coconut cream: Melt the coconut butter by placing it in the microwave or soaking the coconut butter jar in a hot water bath until butter is melted. Place coconut butter in a small bowl and mix in strawberries [it will seize up a little bit, just keep warm]. Drop into cooled shells by the teaspoon and allow to set in the fridge.
- Remove cold tarts from the muffin pans and serve.
View Nutritional Information (once on page scroll down)
By the end of it I wasn’t so happy I’d made these exclusively for Kevin.
Good thing the recipe makes 24, I can stash some and say they fell on the floor.
Do you have multiple diets or food preferences in your house? How do you make sure everyone’s happy?
We do a lot of frozen meal preparation on the weekend so both of us can enjoy a nice lunch/dinner everyday. He get’s his meat, I get my veggies.
Of all the meals you make, what is your partner’s/family’s favorite?
Hmm… I’d have to say Kevin’s favorite is No fuss Jambalaya.