I’m constantly wracking my brain over what treats I can make that Kevin will actually like.
He’s a simple guy.
But I wanted to do something different this time.
What’s a girl to do?
I wanted to make…
Something that tasted fantastic, but not too crazy.
Something bite sized.
Something… healthy [because all that meat is just no good!]
4 Ingredient Itty Bitty Strawberry Coconut Tarts
Gluten free, Dairy free, Sugar free, Yeast free
Pump up the coconut in you life with these perfectly sized morsels of strawberry and coconut. With just 4 simple ingredients, it’s an easy recipe to whip up in a jiffy and will leave your family begging you for more.
Inspired by: Michael Smith
Coconut Tart Shells
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cup of shredded coconut
Strawberry Coconut Cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, blended
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- To make the coconut tart shells: Preheat oven to 350F and oil two – 12 mini muffin pans with coconut oil [I used the silicon kind, so no oiling was necessary]. Whisk egg whites lightly and stir in coconut. Drop a large spoonful of coconut mixture into each cup, pushing it evenly into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in muffin pan.
- To make the strawberry coconut cream: Melt the coconut butter by placing it in the microwave or soaking the coconut butter jar in a hot water bath until butter is melted. Place coconut butter in a small bowl and mix in strawberries [it will seize up a little bit, just keep warm]. Drop into cooled shells by the teaspoon and allow to set in the fridge.
- Remove cold tarts from the muffin pans and serve.
Note: they keep fairly well at room temperature but begin to melt at around 77F.
Makes 24 itty bitty tarts.
By the end of it I wasn’t so happy I’d made these exclusively for Kevin.
Good thing the recipe makes 24, I can stash some and say they fell on the floor.
Do you have multiple diets or food preferences in your house? How do you make sure everyone’s happy?
We do a lot of frozen meal preparation on the weekend so both of us can enjoy a nice lunch/dinner everyday. He get’s his meat, I get my veggies.
Of all the meals you make, what is your partner’s/family’s favorite?
Hmm… I’d have to say Kevin’s favorite is No fuss Jambalaya.