Coconut Tart Shells
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cup of shredded coconut
Strawberry Coconut Cream
- 4 fresh strawberries, blended
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- To make the coconut tart shells: Preheat oven to 350F and oil two – 12 mini muffin pans with coconut oil [I used the silicon kind, so no oiling was necessary]. Whisk egg whites lightly and stir in coconut. Drop a large spoonful of coconut mixture into each cup, pushing it evenly into the bottom and up the sides. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in muffin pan.
- To make the strawberry coconut cream: Melt the coconut butter by placing it in the microwave or soaking the coconut butter jar in a hot water bath until butter is melted. Place coconut butter in a small bowl and mix in strawberries [it will seize up a little bit, just keep warm]. Drop into cooled shells by the teaspoon and allow to set in the fridge.
- Remove cold tarts from the muffin pans and serve.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 62
- Calories from Fat: 50
- Total Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 8 mg
- Carbs: 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Net Carbs: 1.2 g
- Sugars: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g