Thank you Tara for sharing this recipe! I can vouch at how well this turns out. It has a perfect balance of chocolate that satisfies cravings and is a great “dessert” for the morning.
This comes out with a texture somewhere between a pudding and a mousse, but it does a good job of satisfying chocolate cravings without giving the same sugar highs and lows. When choosing yogurt for this I suggest any of the berry flavours from Astro Original or Liberte brands; unlike most yogurts, these brands sweeten their products with honey instead of artificial sweeteners.
Dairy free alternative: Nancy’s soy yogurt
- Completely vegan (including the cultures!)
- Sweetened with agave nectar
- Fully cultured with casei, rhamnosus, acidophilus, bifidum, thermophilus, and bulgaricus
|2 Tbsp||Manitoba Harvest Certified Organic Hemp Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate)|
|1 Tbsp||soy lecithin|
|1 tsp||raw honey or agave|
|1||yogurt, berry flavoured|
|1 Tbsp||raw pumpkin seeds (optional)|
|1 Tbsp||unsweetened, unsulfured coconut (optional)|
|1 Tbsp||hemp hearts (optional)|
- Melt the honey in the microwave in the same bowl you’ll be eating the pudding out of.
- Add cocoa, hemp powder, lecithin and yogurt. Mix until smooth.
- Top with pumpkin seeds, coconut or hemp hearts.