- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon white rice flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 2 tablespoon freshly ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 3/4 cup coconut/coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 2 lightly beaten large eggs
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened hemp milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded apple (do not peel)
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (do not peel)
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 teaspoon soy free earth balance
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 7.5? x 3.5? loaf pan. I used a silicon loaf pan so no greasing was needed.
- Prepare cinnamon sugar topping and set aside.
- Place the shredded apple and zucchini on top of the dish cloth, pull the sides together and make a ball of shredded contents. Press to release as much of the liquid as possible, as if you’re wringing out the cloth.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry and stir until combined. The batter should be a similar consistency as muffins – creamy and thick, but not doughy and firm.
- Stir in zucchini, apples, raisins, and walnuts.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top. Bake for 60 – 70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean [mine was ready in 70 minutes].
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes before removing it from the pan [if you’re not using a silicon pan, keep the loaf in the pan for 1 hour before attempting to remove]
- Allow to cool for a total of 2 hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 260
- Calories from Fat: 113
- Total Fat: 12.6
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 27> mg
- Sodium: 152 mg
- Carbs: 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Net Carbs: 32.7 g
- Sugars: 16.2 g
- Protein: 3.2 g