- 350 grams of roughly chopped cauliflower (approximately 3 cups of 1-1/2 inch cauliflower pieces)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons xylitol or erythritol, or 6 to 10 drops of liquid stevia
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add cauliflower, almond milk, sweetener, extract and zest to a medium sized saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat, uncovered. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes, until cauliflower is very soft. Remove from heat.
- Add in lemon juice and pour into the bowl of your food processor or blender. Blend on high for 1 minute, or until very smooth. Pour into a clean bowl and allow to cool at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight, for at least 18 hours. Refrigeration helps the bold lemon flavor subside and really transforms this pudding. Do not skip this step!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to use any type of non-dairy milk you have on hand. I like using unsweetened almond milk for my dessert recipes because it’s naturally sweeter (and lower in carbs) than other non-dairy milks.
Any type of sugar would work here. White, brown, coconut sugar…
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 132
- Calories from Fat: 20
- Total Fat: 2.2
- Sodium: 149 mg
- Carbs: 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5 g
- Net Carbs: 19.1 g
- Sugars: 18 g
- Protein: 4.2 g