- 1 cup uncontaminated rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup sunflower butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced apple – see note
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whip wet ingredients with a hand blender or mixer. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Divide dough into 12 equal portions, about 1.5 tablespoons per stack. Place completed stacks on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake stacks for 12-15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To store, place in an air-tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Or, wrap individual stacks in plastic wrap and store in a container in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Feel free to use any type of apple that you have on hand. I made the first batch with Granny Smith and the second with Gala. Granny Smith create an apple pie-like taste with a slight bitterness and Gala will make the stack a bit sweeter.
For added protein: replace 1/4 cup apple sauce with 1 egg
For added fiber: replace 1/4 cup apple sauce with 1 ground flax seed + 2 tablespoon warm water mixed and allowed to sit for a couple of minutes before adding to the recipe along with the wet ingredients.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 57
- Calories from Fat: 30
- Total Fat: 3.3
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Carbs: 6.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Net Carbs: 5.4 g
- Sugars: 1.6 g
- Protein: 1.3 g