- 2 cups cubed sweet potato (no need to peel)
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut nectar or honey or 2 tablespoons of xylitol or 5 drops of alcohol-free stevia
- a nut milk bag
- Fill a medium-sized saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add sweet potato and cook, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to your high powered blender with 4 cups water.
- Blend for 1 minute, until completely pulverized.
- Run mixture through a nut milk bag. Alternatively, if you’d like to keep the milk thick and smoothie-like, do not use the milk bag.
- Pour the ‘milk’ back to the jug of your blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Chill in the fridge overnight. Stir before serving.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
To keep vegan: do not use honey
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 199
- Calories from Fat: 51
- Total Fat: 5.6
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 44 mg
- Carbs: 37.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Net Carbs: 30.7 g
- Sugars: 17.8 g
- Protein: 4.6 g