- ½ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 250F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Add coconut flour, coconut oil, syrup, extract and salt to the bowl of your stand mixer. Or, if you do not have one, in a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer. Mix until completely incorporated.
- Then add shredded coconut, goji berries and cacao nibs. Rotate just until mixed.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon at a time, pressing down firmly while the dough is in the inside of the tablespoon before flipping over into prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 14-16 minutes, or until sides begin to slightly brown. Watch them carefully!
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Coconut Flour: you could try to replace the coconut flour in this recipe with ¾ cup of another flour, although I’m not sure how well it will work. The coconut flour works well in this recipe because it dries things out and holds everything together nicely.
Sweetener: anything could be used here, I supposed. Although I would stick with the sticky sweeteners – honey, brown rice syrup, yacon, etc.
Goji Berries: if they are not accessible to you, feel free to replace with another dried berry of your choice.
Cacao Nibs: cacao nibs do not melt when baked (like chocolate chips) so they didn’t impact the consistency of the macaroons when in the oven. I am not sure how this recipe would work if chocolate chips were used.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 107
- Calories from Fat: 6.1
- Total Fat: 6.1
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
- Carbs: 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Net Carbs: 9.2 g
- Sugars: 8.1 g
- Protein: 1.4 g