- 8 oz. gluten-free spagetti
- 1 cup grated non-dairy cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 bulb garlic, roasted
- ½ teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/2 cup fresh tomato sauce
- 10 basil leaves, julienned
- 4 tablespoon sundried tomatoes
- 1 cup grated non-dairy cheese – see note
- Oregano leaves for garnish
- To roast the garlic, preheat the oven to 400F.
- Peel away the outer layers of the garlic bulb skin, leaving the skins of the individual cloves intact. Using a knife, cut off ¼-inch off the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Drizzle ½ teaspoon of olive oil on a small piece of aluminum foil and place the garlic head, cut side down, into the oil. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the cloves feel soft when pressed.
- Remove from the oven, the foil, and set aside to cool.
- Reset oven temperature to 350F and oil a 9? pie pan, set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare al dente spaghetti according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare your sauteed onions – heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a cast iron pan on medium heat. Add onions. Allow to cook for 10 minutes, until golden.
- To assemble the pasta crust, add cooked spaghetti, cheese, beaten egg, smashed roasted garlic cloves, and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Press mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Top crust with basil sauce, sauteed onions, basil leaves, sun dried tomatoes and cheese.
- Cover top and cook in the oven for 30 minutes, until egg has set. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes, until cheese is slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then carefully remove from the pan, or serve as is.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 405
- Calories from Fat: 201
- Total Fat: 22.3
- Saturated Fat: 12.7 g
- Cholesterol: 81> mg
- Sodium: 632 mg
- Carbs: 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8 g
- Net Carbs: 31 g
- Sugars: 5.8 g
- Protein: 17.8 g