- 1/3 cup coconut butter, melted (yields about 1/4 cup melted coconut butter)
- 8 dried currants
- 1 large banana (approximately 8? long)
- Cut banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters.
- Insert a popsicle stick in each quarter and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the banana is frozen – this took about an hour or so.
- When you’re ready to top the ghosts, place coconut butter in a microwave safe mug and microwave for 1 minute on power level 5. Stir every 20 seconds to make sure it doesn’t burn. Alternatively, place the coconut butter in a mason jar and allow to sit in a bath of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop about half a tablespoon of coconut butter on your finger and spread over the top of the banana, don’t worry about the backside.
- Try to cover the banana as quick as possible! The coconut butter will set very fast. Take another half a tablespoon and spread over the remainder of the ghost. I tried spreading the coconut butter with a spoon on a couple of them and it just didn’t work out that well.
- Dab a bit of coconut butter on the currants and set for the eyes.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the remaining bananas before returning the baking sheet to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 155
- Calories from Fat: 109
- Total Fat: 12.1
- Saturated Fat: 10.7 g
- Sodium: 7 mg
- Carbs: 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
- Net Carbs: 8.4 g
- Sugars: 5.6 g
- Protein: 1.7 g