Quick and Easy Smoky Barbecue Sauce
- 28-oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 6oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon to 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 cups cooked green lentils
- Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Place in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in cooked lentils. Serve over top bread or buns smothered in apple butter, or try as a burger topping.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 287
- Calories from Fat: 6
- Total Fat: 0.7
- Sodium: 521 mg
- Carbs: 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 15.7 g
- Net Carbs: 43.1 g
- Sugars: 28.2 g
- Protein: 13.1 g