- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoon filtered water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil + more for brushing cast iron pan
- pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl, stir to combine, then pop a lid on a the bowl and allow to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Set oven to high broil and move oven rack to highest position in oven.
- Oil a cast iron pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and place under the broiler for 2 minutes.
- Remove cast iron from oven and pour 1/4 of the batter into the pan.
- Return to the oven for 3-4 minutes. [I found our socca was better at the 3 minute mark – after the first try you’ll know what works best for your oven]
- Place finished socca on cooling rack, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with hummus or stew
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 243
- Calories from Fat: 90
- Total Fat: 10.1
- Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 246 mg
- Carbs: 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 8.7 g
- Net Carbs: 21.7 g
- Sugars: 5.3 g
- Protein: 9.7 g