Dairy-free Melty Cheese
- 2 tablespoons tallow
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 6 tablespoons (60 g) Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 3/4 teaspoon finely ground gray sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 8 Paleo Valley Jalapeno Fermented Beef Sticks, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 19 oz. (540 ml) canned diced tomatoes
- 5.5 oz. (155 g) canned tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon finely ground grey sea salt
- 2 medium zucchinis
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- To make the melty cheese, place the tallow in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melted. Meanwhile, combine the nondairy milk, collagen, salt, lemon juice, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Once the tallow has melted, add the arrowroot starch to the melted tallow and whisk until fully combined and smooth.
- Slowly pour in the almond milk mixture, whisking to combine. Continue to whisk on medium heat for 5 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before whisking in the eggs.
- To prepare the bake, place the avocado oil in a large frying pan. Heat on medium heat for 1 minute before adding the sliced beef sticks, diced onion, and minced garlic. Saute uncovered for 5 to 10 minutes until onion is translucent.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and salt. Cook for an additional 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchinis in half crosswise. Then, cut halfway through lengthwise, just to the core of the zucchini. See below for a picture. Run these sections through your spiral slicer. If you’re using store-bought zucchini noodles, you’ll want 4 cups/475 grams of noodles. Cut them into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces.
- Once sauce is done, toss it with zucchini pieces. Transfer the mixture to a lightly oiled casserole dish (at least 2 q./2 L in size). Spread the noodles and sauce out evenly. Top with the cheese sauce and transfer to the preheated oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until cheese sauce has cooked through and becomes golden.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes before dusting with a handful of chopped parsley.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Paleo Valley Fermented Beef Sticks, you can choose any flavor you’d like for this recipe. I used a total of 8 oz/225 grams of their fermented beef sticks.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 215
- Total Fat: 23.8
- Saturated Fat: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 75> mg
- Sodium: 745 mg
- Carbs: 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Net Carbs: 9.5 g
- Sugars: 5.8 g
- Protein: 17.6 g