- 3 tablespoons (45ml) coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) fresh turmeric
- 1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup (59ml) water
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon (15ml) lime juice
- 3 cups (226 grams) broccoli, steamed
- 3 cups (226 grams) cauliflower, steamed
- Grey sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce wild Alaskan salmon filets
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or cast iron pan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and turmeric. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, about 8 minutes. Add the coconut milk, water, lime zest, and lime juice to the mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cover and remove from the heat.
- Preheat a grill pan. Rub the salmon with salt and pepper. Grill with the skin side touching the pan over medium-heat for 5 minutes. Turn and grill until cooked through.
- Transfer salmon and vegetables to a serving plate and dig in.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Fresh Turmeric: you could swap for powdered turmeric.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 436
- Calories from Fat: 255
- Total Fat: 28.3
- Saturated Fat: 16.7 g
- Cholesterol: 75> mg
- Sodium: 119 mg
- Carbs: 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.5 g
- Net Carbs: 8.4 g
- Sugars: 4.6 g
- Protein: 37 g