- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 4-6 hours
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup coconut/coconut sugar, ground fine – I used a coffee grinder
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrot, unpeeled [about 4 carrots]
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted [about 8 dates]
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, divided
- 1/3 cup dried apricots [about 10 dates]
- 1/2 cup raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
To be made the night before you plan on eating it.
- To make the cream “cheese”: line a 4 cup glass container with cheese cloth. Combine cashews, coconut oil, almond milk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a blender. Process until smooth. Pour the mixture into the container, cover and leave on the counter overnight. In the morning, place cream “cheese” into food processor bowl, add powdered coconut sugar and vanilla and process until smooth.
- To make the cake bottom: place dates, apricots, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice in a food processor and pulse until pureed but still chunky. Add in remaining ingredients and pulse until combined.
- Bringing it all together: add in remaining divided ingredients (walnuts and raisins) to the cake mixture for a bit of texture. Separate the cake mix among 4 – 3? spring form pans, no need to oil or line. Press the mixture firmly to the bottom. Top with cream “cheese”, cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from Fat: 196
- Total Fat: 21.8
- Saturated Fat: 7.1 g
- Sodium: 19 mg
- Carbs: 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Net Carbs: 21.7 g
- Sugars: 13.5 g
- Protein: 6.3 g