- 3/4 cup raw nuts or seeds
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup mozzarella goat cheese – see note
- 3 beets, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In food processor, add nuts/seeds and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Process until crumbles form and mixture is paste-like.
- Set aside in a bowl and mix in with mozzerella goat cheese and mix until incorporated.
- Round two of the food processor, add beets, dill, parsley, garlic, remaining olive oil, lemon juice and salt. Pulse 4-5 times until beets are broken down but parsley pieces are still visible.
- Add beet mixture to the nut mixture and mix with a spoon until incorporated.
- Shape mixture into 4 patties and place in stacks of two on two separate plates. Sprinkle with extra cheese, parsley, dill and salt. Best served with crackers, veggies, a slice of fresh bread, or combined with a simple warm bowl of quinoa and fresh herbs.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
For a dairy-free option, replace goat cheese with cooked, lightly pulsed chickpeas.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 175
- Calories from Fat: 121
- Total Fat: 13.4
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 15> mg
- Sodium: 142 mg
- Carbs: 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Net Carbs: 5.8 g
- Sugars: 3.7 g
- Protein: 7.6 g