- 0.6kg extra-lean ground beef
- 1 batch (125mL) of homemade dry garlic rib sauce, recipe below
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 small egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
Sweet Potato Sub
- 6 sweet potatoes, roasted whole in a 400F oven for 40-50 minutes depending on size
- 1 batch of my sugar-free BBQ sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicon baking mat.
- Add meatball ingredients to a large bowl. Mash with your hands to combine.
- Pinch off a section of meat, about 1½ tablespoons, and roll between palms to form a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining meat.
- This recipe will make 24 meatballs, 4 balls per serving.
- Bake meatballs in preheated oven for 20-22 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Then, cut sweet potatoes in half, lengthwise, and sandwich 4 meatballs between each “sub”. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and serve.
- Add to bowl with meat and extra things. Mix.
Spread the love, earn karma points:
Almond Flour: I tested this recipe without any flour or binder at all and it didn’t work. Something needs to be used to hold everything together. If you are NOT grain-free, you could use gluten-free breadcrumbs, quinoa flakes or perhaps oat bran. I have not tested these options. If you ARE grain-free, you could try finely-ground sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
Egg: I tested this recipe without eggs and it didn’t hold together as well as I would have liked. It still “worked” but was a bit sloppy.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
- Calories: 393
- Calories from Fat: 69
- Total Fat: 7.7
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Cholesterol: 76> mg
- Sodium: 878 mg
- Carbs: 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Net Carbs: 48 g
- Sugars: 30.4 g
- Protein: 24.9 g